Terms and conditions
- Welcome to Professionalsdoinggood.com website (“Site”). Professionals going good is a social enterprise registered in Cambodia as a business and our mission is building capacity of socially conscious organizations in Cambodia by connecting them with highly skilled and experienced professional volunteers. We also operate under the name Pdg. Our Terms and Conditions are subject to and governed by the Laws of Kingdom of Cambodia.
A. Scope & intent
- These Terms and Conditions of Service (“Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of the Site and its Services and your participation in a Professionals doing good program. You should carefully read them before using the Site or its Services.
- Your agreement to join a Pdg program constitutes your agreement with these Terms and Conditions
- You should also regularly review these Terms and Conditions as we may change them from time to time. You agree to check the most current version of the Terms and Conditions periodically and every time you join a program through the link at the bottom of any page of this Site or at about. professionalsdoinggood.com/termsandconditions.
- These Terms and conditions shall be legally binding. In accepting this document, you are not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by us other than what is set forth in these Terms.
Please read the following and make sure you are happy to agree to our terms and conditions.
2. Detailed terms & conditions for volunteers
This section provides detailed terms and conditions governing your participation in a Professionals doing good program as a volunteer. Your joining a program constitutes your agreement with these Terms, if you do not agree to all of these Terms, please do not join a Pdg program..
We may change these Terms from time to time – you agree to check these Terms periodically, and every time you join a Pdg program.
A. About program payment
- We are a social enterprise organization and therefore keep applicants’ fees to the minimum possible whilst maintaining a high standard of service and keeping our organization sustainable.
- We recommend that you research other volunteer organisations to compare the services we provide and our costs before applying.
- By making an application for a volunteer placement, you are deemed to have agreed to all the terms and conditions in this document without exception.
- We reserve the right to revise the fees at any time and without notice. If you have already paid the application fee and have not yet begun your placement you will be held to the original pricing.
B. Program payment fee
- Full payment of a program fee is required within 7 days of successful acceptance of your application, regardless of the start date of your project.
- Placements are not guaranteed until a payment has been made and a confirmation email has been sent.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation, it means the payment has not been received.
- If we do not receive the program fee, you may lose your placement.
- Upon receiving the payment, you will access a special area reserved for confirmed volunteers with information about Cambodia, logistics, volunteering policies and any other useful material for your volunteering project and to start your introduction process.
C. Refund and cancellation policy
- Please be aware that volunteers withdrawing from the volunteer placement once they have been accepted into a program is extremely disruptive for the organization and communities we work with. Once you are accepted into a program you are taking a spot from somebody else and it will take time before we can find another proper candidate for the role able to replace you.
- Like you, we are good, committed people who understand that sometimes plans change. However, please respect our refund policy and do not ask us to waive it regardless of the reason. Our refund policy is fixed, and we must stick to it to remain a sustainable social organization. Making exceptions for some people and not others is simply not fair to us and everybody else.
C1. Refund policy
- The program fee is refundable ONLY up to 90 days (3 months), before the start date of your placement.
- To request a refund, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you are requesting a refund.
- The date of your refund request is the date that your email is received.
- Upon receiving your email we will send you an acknowledgement email. If you do not receive an email, assume that we have not received your email.
- Program fees are not transferable to another person.
- Refunds are made by crediting the volunteer’s payment card if used on the Pdg website. If other forms of payment are made, then Pdg will make a direct bank transfer to the volunteer’s bank account.
- Once your placement starts, under absolutely no circumstance will we refund any of the Pdg fees. Circumstances include but are not limited to family and/or medical emergencies, dissatisfaction with your placement, visa issues, and general change of plans.
C2. Cancellation in case of force majeure (unforeseeable circumstances).
- Safety is our priority, and you understand and accept that events beyond our control may negatively affect safety in your program country. Examples of such events include, but are not limited to, political and/or social upheaval, terrorism, war, and Acts of God such as diseases, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes and winds.
- If such an event occurs and we feel the implications on your program safety may be negative, we reserve the right to cancel your placement, even if we have already confirmed your participation or while you are already in your program country.
- If we cancel your program we will do our best to help you leave the country or move you to another program country.
- Under no circumstance is Pdg responsible for compensation for non Pdg expenses you may have already incurred, for example airline tickets and travel medical insurance.
- As we note in the requirements for Volunteers, this is one reason why we ask you have travel medical insurance, including emergency evacuation, throughout your time on a Pdg program – should you unexpectedly need to leave your program country, your insurance will be there to assist you and cover expenses you may incur.
D. Change policy
Our goal is to offer our program participants a meaningful and high quality experience support. This means investing our time and energy into administration, coordination and management. When you have already been confirmed on a placement and then change details of your placement, it is not “just a quick change” – it requires us to put into effect a chain of actions. Considering we are a social organization that offers such affordable program fees, we need to recoup our costs from investing time and energy in making your requested changes.
D1. Change project or dates
Changing projects (for example, if you were confirmed on a communication project but then decide to join a marketing project), or dates (for example, if you were confirmed to start on the first June but then want to change and start on the second of July) :
- are subject to availability and can be accepted as long as we have a suitable placement for you;
- can be accepted only up to 90 days before your placement start date;
- Assuming this is possible, there is a US$100 changing project or date fee.
Please note that:
- if you wish to change dates and a suitable alternative date or project is not available, your placement fee will not be refunded.
- Change of projects or dates sent 90 days before your placement start date cannot be accepted. We have already started the introduction procedure and it will not give sufficient time to us or the accepting organization to find a replacement and for you to have a proper introduction support.
If you want to extend your time in the field once your placement has started (for example, if you originally signed up for three months but, once you arrive in the field, decide to extend your placement another two weeks), it is subject to the hosting organization’s availability.
Assuming there is availability, there is a US$70 fee for every three months extension.
Please discuss it as soon as possible with your Pdg in-country partner and s/he will facilitate the extension for you.
E. Volunteer acceptance process
- If your interviews are successfully completed and you are offered a place, we will send you an Acceptance eMail confirming the acceptance of your application and with all instructions on the acceptance process.
- Within 7 days of receiving our Acceptance email you be requested to:
- pay the program fee in full ( regardless of the starting date of your project),
- read, agree, complete, sign and submit the following documentation:
- Volunteer’s project agreement – This includes a project description: the project name, project description, project co-worker, start date, end date, location, a declaration that you are financially self- sustainable for the whole duration of your project, emergency contact numbers and references from your most recent employer.
- Along with a copy of the following required documents:
- Updated copy of your CV
- Scanned copy of your passport
- Scanned copy of qualifications
- References from at least your last employer (At any point before, during or after your Pdg experience in the field, we reserve the right to contact your references to speak you and your experience with us)
- Police background check (unless otherwise stated)
- Any other relevant information requested by the hosting organization that they deem necessary for the project.
- Volunteer Liability Waiver Form Forever releases us, our owners, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability; forever signifies that you are waiving any claims against us, our owners, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us, and expressly assuming all risks associated with participating in any of our programs.
- Code of Conduct details our expectations of you as they relate to you joining Pdg’s program and the standards of behavior that is expected of you.
- Your placement is only guaranteed and confirmed once we receive your Volunteer’s Project Agreement, Liability Waiver, Code of Conduct and fees.
- If you do not supply it to us in a timely manner as per our directions, you will not be permitted to join our program and fees will be non-refundable.
- We rely upon any statements or representations that you make in the application form or during the application process as being true. We reserve the right to refuse your application and will not refund your fees should we discover that any of the information provided is not true.
- After the successful completion of the Acceptance process prior to your arrival to the country, you will be contacted by a Pdg partner and commence your introduction process to help you get ready for the project.
F. Personal risk
- Volunteering placements are often in areas where the standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, telecommunication facilities, level of infrastructure development and medical facilities are not the same as you are used to at home, or would find on a conventional holiday.
- During the placement certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness in remote places without medical facilities, transportation accidents, risks associated with food, impure water or consumption of alcoholic beverages; political instability and the forces of nature.
- We request you to be fully aware of the nature of the project and country you are visiting before arrival by reading information supplied by Pdg on our website and other materials easily found on the internet.
- You accept and acknowledge that personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death can occur by natural causes or activities of persons or animals, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons and forever releases Pdg our owners, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all related liability.
- Therefore, you should take into account current affairs, safety issues and personal health before considering travelling and ensure they have suitable travel insurance. Failure to provide evidence of travel insurance might fail your acceptance process and you will not be reimbursed the placement fee.
- Pdg does not provide the volunteer with insurance of any kind.
- Further, you understand that we do not and shall not maintain health, medical or disability insurance coverage for any participant in one of our programs. You understand that we will have no liability regarding the adequacy of any evacuation plan, medical care, equipment or supplies that may be provided. You acknowledge that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent rescue operations or procedures of us or other third parties.
- You release, waive and agree not to hold liable and/or sue us for any acts of negligence or injury caused by any first aid, treatment or service administered to you. You agree to be responsible for your own welfare, and accept any and all risks of property loss or damage, unanticipated events, personal injury or illness, emotional trauma and death.
- To join any of our volunteer’s programs, we require you to insure yourself. You should ensure that you are covered for the complete duration of your project against any possible risk that may occur and in particular to ensure that you have sufficient insurance in respect of expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment and dependent relatives.
- It is your sole responsibility responsible for deciding the type, extent and level of any insurance you require during the planned travel period and you are responsible for organising this insurance.
- As part of your acceptance process we will ask you to give us proof of Travel and Health insurance, if you fail to provide us with the requested insurance information 60 days prior to your start date, you will lose your spot and your fees will not be refunded.
H. Immunization and travel health
- While Pdg pre-departure support includes information and provides advice on immunisations and travel health tips based on publicly available sources such as the World Health Organization, we are not medical professionals, have no medical expertise and this is to be used as information only and cannot be relied upon.
- Furthermore, you accept and acknowledge that we have no responsibility regarding the adequacy of any medical care, equipment or supplies that may be provided to you before, during or after your program.
- It is your sole responsibility to arrange and determine any required immunizations and medical procedures that you may need before, during and after your time with us.
- It is also your responsibility to ensure you are fully informed about any possible health risks you will be taking when attending one of our projects.
- We strongly recommend that you visit a medical professional for your vaccinations, tell your doctor where you will be going and that you will be working with children and / or animals, you can then discuss the vaccines required. Some vaccines can take months to become active so please consult your doctor at the earliest, at least eight weeks before travelling.
I. Police/criminal record check
- During your acceptance process, unless otherwise stated, you will be required by the project provider to undergo a Police/Criminal Record Check to ensure your suitability for the placement.
- Failure to provide a criminal record check, your application will not be fulfilled and you won’t receive a refund.
- This documentation must be provided within a minimum of 30 days (1 month) prior to your project starting date.
J. Travel to your program country
- Pdg does not arrange flights or make any travel arrangements to your destination. While we may offer you travel advice, it is your sole responsibility to arrive in your host country in a comfortable, safe and timely manner.
- You are responsible for arranging and paying all your airfares and other transport to and from the country where you will be joining one of our programs.
K. Immigration and visa
- General advice concerning passport and visa requirements is available in Pdg country guides which will be sent to you after placement payment. We can only make general suggestions and you will have to confirm your visa applicability requirements with the relevant Embassy.
- Passport and visa requirements are subject to change and you must check current requirements before departure. It is your responsibility to obtain all documents required for your trip, to ensure that these are in proper order and to take them with you.
- You are solely responsible for having the correct and necessary travel documents that they require for their travel. You are also responsible for carrying all necessary documents when travelling abroad.
- Pdg will not be liable if you fail to do so and you will be responsible for meeting any of your own additional costs incurred by reason of such failure and Pdg cannot accept responsibility if entry is denied to a country due to incorrect visa or passport documentation.
L. Code of conduct
- As part of the acceptance process, we will ask you to read, agree and sign our Code of Conduct. The document details our expectations of you as they relate to you joining our programs and the standards of behavior that is expected of you.
- Typically it is designed to help you achieve the most out of your placement in a safe manner and ensure that the organisations and people you work with are treated with respect during your placement.
- It is our sole right to determine violations of the Code. If at any time during your program we feel that you are not abiding by the Code, we reserve the right to ask you to leave with immediate effect. You will not be reimbursed for the fees you paid.
- You should therefore make yourself aware of the following code:
- Understand that you are a representative of not only the company but also your country of origin and act accordingly;
- Agree to a zero tolerance policy towards the possession and use of illegal substances or alcohol consumption during volunteer hours. If you are found in possession of, or are under the influence of such substances, you will have your placement contract terminated immediately;
- Respect, and seek to understand, the culture of the country you are placed in. This involves being tolerant of the customs and behaviours of local peoples.
- Be aware of potentially different attitudes towards sexual relationships in the country which you are volunteering and understand the effect that any such relationship may have on individuals and the local community;
- Treat all people with respect and dignity;
- Dress appropriately at all times with regard to the culture you are living in;
- Not engage in political demonstrations or illegal activities;
- Treat with care all of the materials that you use during your placement;
- Endeavour to maintain a positive mental attitude throughout your placement;
- Act as a conscientious member of the project team. You are relied on as a dedicated member of the team;
- Not accept payment of any kind for the volunteering work that you are doing, unless in the shape of expenses reimbursement or in_kind benefits;
- Work hard to achieve not only your own personal goals but also those of the project and the people and / or organisation that you are helping;
- Listen to, and follow, the instructions of your Pdg in-country partner;
- Consult your Pdg in-country partner outside normal working hours only in an emergency;
- Inform your Pdg in-country partner / contact at the project if you are at any time unable to fulfil the duties to which you have committed.
A. Professionals doing good is an agent
You understand that Professionals doing good is an agent acting on behalf of organizations, hereinafter “Local Partners ”. You accept and acknowledge that we may organize, promote and offer volunteers programs that offer accommodation, transportation and other services provided by our Local Partners, which are independent and separate entities from Pdg, and over which we have no authority or oversight. Examples of Local Partners include but are not limited to hotels, restaurants, taxi drivers, tour guides and travel agencies, as well as the entities where you may volunteer in, for example local biological reserves, clinics and hospitals, nonprofits and schools.
- If you are accepted into a Pdg program, prior to us confirming your placement we will ask you to read, agree and sign our Liability Waiver that, amongst other things, forever releases us, our owners, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability related to:
- Any of our Local Partners´ negligent or willful acts, or failures to act including, without limitation, their partial or complete failure to deliver services to you; any personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage or death which arises out of any service provided to you by our Local Partners;
- Any error, misrepresentation or mistake, whether intentional or unintentional, made by any of our Local Partners.
B. Content and warranties
- Although every effort is made to provide accurate information on this site, all information is published “as is” without warranty of any kind. Professionals doing good makes every effort to only include accurate volunteer placement details, however Pdg is not responsible for the content of these listings as they are modified by the projects themselves.
- The information published on professionalsdoinggood.com may contain inaccuracies, typographical errors and/or outdated information.
- We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any advice, material, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through our materials. You accept and acknowledge that any reliance on advice, material, opinion, statement or other information that we provide to you shall be at your sole risk.
C. Questions, complaints & concerns
If you have any complaints concerning any services we provide, you must inform us straight away in writing by email: email@example.com within 28 days of the end of any placement booked through us. You will receive an email acknowledging the receipt of this email. If there is an absence of a confirmation email, the complaint may have not been received.
We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified. Our maximum liability to you if we are found to have been at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by any third party such as the project provider for whom we are not responsible) is limited to the Project Placement Fee and any commission we have earned or are due to earn in relation to the placement in question.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the terms of this Agreement, you may contact us in the following ways:
By email :firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: +855 (0)86 984759
By mail: #0461, Beongdonpa Village, Sangkat Slorkram , 17251 Siem Reap, Cambodia